The thing I immediately fell in love with on their website is that they have suggestions for cereals that work (under ‘our recipes’) – and why. I’m a nursing mom – so my eyes went straight for that nursing mom’s cereal. In the explanation of the cereal it states this:
"Many nursing moms are extremely hungry and crave something sweet. Our cereal creation provides complex carbs, fiber and protein to fill up the new mom. It also helps kick that sweet tooth while providing the nutrients she (and her baby) needs most."
How true is that?! I notice that I’m constantly hungry and craving sweets. I rarely crave sweets when not nursing, but something about these hormones of mine – really gets my sweet tooth goin’. So this is where I started.
Then I customized it to my liking: I’m much more of a ‘flakes’ kind of person than a ‘hoops’ kind of person. So I selected the artisanal cereal as my main ingredient and the multigrain O’s as my secondary.
Each ingredient you select shows what its great properties are; whether that be high in fiber, antioxidant power, etc..
I’m not a huge fan of cranberries but I wanted to try and stay close to some of the properties of my original ‘nursing formula’ because I wanted it to satisfy my sweet tooth and fill me up. So I looked for high fiber and protein, but sweet ingredients. I picked raspberries and bananas. Then I realized I had three fruits, so I eliminated the Golden Berries. See how my cereal starts becoming MY cereal?
I did keep the flax and pecan’s, because I figure i’ll hardly notice them and they’re good for higher fiber and protein counts, which is great!
The last thing I did – was add a touch of chocolate. I had seen on an earlier screen that they had cocoa dusted almonds. Yum!!! Added those in for a bonus treat to look forward to every morning.
I love that you can see as your building your cereal all the nutritional values it will have. My cereal contains 171.9 Calories per serving; 6g fat; 5.8g Dietary Fiber; and 4.2g Protein.
The cereal I made here would cost $13.50 to make. Considering that a capsule of cereal gives you twice as many servings as a box of cereal – and you’re getting all-natural, hand-mixed cereal with your very own creation involved, that’s a great deal!
Well, I think y’all get my excitement about Me & Goji Cereals! Now. One very lucky reader is going to get hooked onto their very own creation of cereal, because Me & Goji is offering one of my readers the chance to…
- Like Me & Goji on Facebook! please include your facebook name
- Comment on the Me & Goji Facebook page saying you entered their giveaway at www.grinningcheektocheek.com.
- Sign up for Me & Goji’s Newsletter.
- Subscribe to my blog via email (upper left email insertion box)
- Follow my blog publicly via GFC (right side center)
- Post my Button on your blog. (please leave a link!)
- Follow GrinCheek2Cheek on Twitter on twitter and tweet about this giveaway: (this may be done daily)
#Win a Capsule of Custom made #Cereal from @MeandGoji @GrinCheek2Cheek #Giveaway Ends 3/31 http://tiny.ly/BXoA
- Like GrinningCheektoCheek on Facebook! please include your facebook name with your entry.
- Follow my blog via Networked Blogs (click on right)
- Vote for me on picket fence blogs. One Entry per vote(per day).
- Enter any of my other Current giveaways. 1 extra entry per CURRENT contest entered.