Being a family that is well tuned-in to the internet and electronics – wireless internet is a must. We have gone through a few wireless routers in the last several years – but have never gone long without one. We use wireless internet every day in our house – My computer that I use for blogging is hooked up directly to the cable modem – but we have a laptop and the iPod Touch that I use through the house.
With the Cisco Valet Wireless Router you can surf the internet on your laptop, print wirelessly from anywhere in the house, check your email from your smart phone, and even stream your favorite movies and TV shows to your HDTV.
Its also super easy to set up – even I figured it out!
The Cisco Valet comes with a USB stick that you just plug in to your computer to be on your way. This USB stick contains the software to set up the router.
So when open; you can set up your router; Their software is so easy to work with too. The instructions pop up the first time you open the software on your computer as to how to connect the computer to the router, and other basic instructions.
Then you click through the setup process a few times and then start the setup. A few minutes later you’ve got yourself connected. You will need to repeat the connection process on any computer that you’re setting up to work wirelessly with the router.
A great feature of this router is the extra software for parental controls. You can restrict the connection times as well as blocking individual websites. There you can also turn on the Safe Web Surfing that warns you if you’re about to go to an unsafe website.
The Guest access setup allows you to set up your internet so guests can use your wireless internet using a separate password login. Its similar to when you go to the coffee shop and have to sign in on their website in order to gain access to the internet.
When your Wireless router is all set up – you can simply enjoy.
My husband did a test with inSSIDer 2.0 for the signal strength – and it was very steady strong and slightly higher compared to our other wireless router signal that we had amplified.
To learn more about their Routers you can see their website here. These routers are being sold for $89.99 on their website. But one lucky reader will…
- Like Cisco Valet on Facebook! please include your facebook name with your entry
- Comment on Cisco Valet Facebook page saying you entered their giveaway at www.grinningcheektocheek.com
- Follow Cisco Valet on twitter
- Subscribe to my blog via email (upper left email insertion box)
- Follow my blog publicly via GFC (right side center)
- Post my Button on your blog. (please leave a link!)
- Follow GrinCheek2Cheek on Twitter on twitter and tweet about this giveaway: (this may be done daily)
#Win a Cisco Valet #Wireless #Router from @ciscovalet and @GrinCheek2Cheek #Giveaway Ends 3/31 http://tiny.ly/anPM
- Like GrinningCheektoCheek on Facebook! please include your facebook name with your entry.
- Follow my blog via Networked Blogs (click on right)
- Vote for me on picket fence blogs. One Entry per vote(per day).
- Enter any of my other Current giveaways. 1 extra entry per CURRENT contest entered.