Bottles that go into a dishwasher technically CAN get sterilized, but the dishwashers harsh process and chemicals can leave the bottle with small cracks in the bottles and then the chemicals can get imbedded into those cracks, allowing your baby absorb them!
So what is a mom and dad to do? The Steri-Bottle is designed as a one-time-use bottle, that is pre-sterilized, and is recyclable!
The Steri-Bottle is manufactured in a clean room and at temperatures around 200°C., leaving the product sterile. They are also wrapped in a manner in which decreases the amount of bacteria able to get into your bottles. You are able to take out one bottle at a time, fill and use it, and then you throw the bottle away! If you use breast milk (aka liquid gold) and don’t want to dispose of the un-used milk, you can cut the top off of the bottle to pour out the contents, and then dispose properly.
These bottles would be great for home and/or travel (picture washing bottles out at nasty gas-station bathrooms or rest stops, ew!) so you can just fill them up when needed and be on your way!
You can purchase these bottles at retailers like Babies-R-Us and some local pharmacies they are also available at amazon.com. The cost of the package of bottles is typically about what you would pay for a single reusable bottle.
Extra Entries: (Current subscribers count as well!)
2) Subscribe to my blog via email
3) Follow my blog publicly via GFC
4) Post my Button on your blog. (please leave a link!)
6) Follow GrinCheek2Cheek on twitter
7) Follow Steri-Bottle on Twitter, and copy/paste this tweet about the giveaway. Please include a link to your tweet. You can tweet this message once daily for one extra entry per day.
8) Like GrinningCheektoCheek on Facebook! please include your facebook name with your entry.
9) Like Steri-Bottle on facebook
11) Follow my blog via Networked Blogs (click on right)
12)Vote for me on picket fence blogs. One Entry per vote(per day).
13) Enter any of my other Current giveaways. 1 extra entry per contest entered.
Open to US and Canada residents. Giveaway ends February 24th, 2011 at 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn by random.org the following day, and will be e-mailed. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. Winners will be announced on this blog after all have responded. Product was given for review purposes in exchange for this review and giveaway.